I was spending hours every week copying and pasting information from new listings into my excel calculator to decide whether or not to offer.
I literally dreaded doing the boring analysis every single day for a couple of hours.
Because it took time, two things happened.
1) I couldn't analyze all listings and would miss amazing leads.
2) At a macro level, the analysis friction made real estate very boring for me and I started to lose motivation, which just plain slowed me down.
So I decided to hack together a lightweight chrome plugin, that gives me the ROI on the spot when I am checking out the listing. It
- scrapes the data from Zillow including the rent estimate.
- calculates the cash on cash return(most important indicator for me) on the spot based on your pre-entered expenses.
- If you like the return, you can copy the info and paste it in your funnel to follow up on.
Super light weight, and quick.
Now I use it for two main use cases
1) To quickly analyze listings as discussed above.
2) To find cash flowing markets across the country, because I can see what COC is like for a market, very quickly.
P.S - I should mention I have not focused on design just functionality. Hope it helps!